To make one at home, you will need the following ingredients:
-Chicken wings (900 grams)
-Salt (1/2 teaspoon)
-Ground black pepper (1/2 teaspoon)
-Ginger (minced, one teaspoon)
-Potato starch or corn starch (2/3 cups)
-Garlic (minced, four cloves)
-Korean sweet chili paste or gochujang
-Soy sauce (1/4 cup)
-Corn syrup (1/2 cup)
-Sesame seed (one tablespoon)
-Brown sugar (one tablespoon)
How to Prepare:
1. In a bowl, put the chicken together with the salt, ginger, and black pepper.
2. Prepare a frying pan, preferably a heavily bottomed one, and put 4 cups of cooking oil. Cover the chicken with a light coating of the corn starch and fry it for seven to eight minutes under medium heat (340 degrees F). Once done, let it sit for a couple of minutes.
3. Reheat the oil once again and fry the chicken for 12 to 15 minutes or until it turns golden brown under high heat (375 degrees F).
4. In a separate pan, sauté the garlic and gochujang for 30 seconds. Slowly, add the soy sauce and corn syrup until it bubbles. Continue stirring and add the brown sugar. Make sure that there are no lumps in the sauce. Strain if necessary.
5. Mix the fried chicken with the sauce and fry for a couple of minutes in low heat (275 degrees F). Once done, you can add the sesame seeds.
These healthy Korean dishes are easy to make and won’t break the bank!