Dances, pageants, float parades, and Masskara costume-making competitions are also back to showcase the different talents of Bacolodnons.
Image: MassKara Festival Facebook page
The Masskara Festival does not just reflect the resiliency of the Bacolodnons. The Bacolod City festival is also the perfect avenue for people to showcase their talent and skills through the various competitions to be held during the festival. The Masskara Festival wouldn’t also be complete without the food bazaars and stalls along the streets of Bacolod that can be found anywhere you look. Pageants and street dance competitions have always been the festival’s most-awaited highlights. People often flock in crowds to witness participants vying for the crown or the trophy with their unique, God-given talents and stunning, Negrosanon faces. The competitions under the highly-anticipated Bacolod Masskara Festival excite the hearts and minds of people from all walks of life in Bacolod City. These highlights are often where they can feel the joys of the festival the most.
For the pageants and talent competitions, there would be the following events with their schedules and venues:
● Super Mardi Gras – October 7, Bacolod City Public Plaza
● Masskara Battle of the Bands – October 9, Bacolod City Government Center
● MasskaReyna – October 10, 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM, Bacolod City National High School Gym
● Mr. Bacolod – October 11, 2:30 PM, Central Hall, Ayala Malls Capitol Central
● Mr. and Ms. Teen Masskara – October 15, 6:00 PM, BCC Activity Center
● Mr. Grand City of Smiles – October 15, 6:00 PM, John B. Lacson Colleges Foundation
● 1st Masskara Circuit Race and Motor Show – October 15 to 16, The Upper East
● Ginoong Bacolod – October 16, 8:00 PM, CHMSU Fortune Towne Campus
● Miss Bacolod Masskara Coronation Night – October 19, 7:00 PM to 10:30 PM, USLS Coliseum
● Electric Masskara Float and Dance Off Competition – October 22, 6:00 PM, The Upper East Megaworld to Bacolod City Government Center
● Masskara Street Dance and Arena Competition – October 22, 1:00 PM, Rizal Street to Araneta Street to Paglaum Stadium