The IFFI announced they are almost ready for the face-to-face festival celebration on January 13 to 22, 2023. Iloilo City is more than excited to celebrate the Dinagyang festivities physically on the streets and stages after going virtual due to the pandemic. All pre-pandemic activities are anticipated to return and wow everyone with performances and expressions of art. You will also have fun revisiting food fests in the city again and more activities in line, which the Ilonggos surely have missed. Some reviving Dinagyang Festival entertainment includes the ati-ati tribe competition, liturgical activities, float parade, religious sadsad, and many more. The IFFI also ensures that while you are out in the city celebrating, minimum public health and safety protocols mandated by the government are still to be implemented for the duration of the festival.
Part of the goals of the returning face-to-face Iloilo festival is to highlight the gratefulness of Ilonggos to Señor Sto. Niño, making the celebration as joyful as possible while staying true to the meaning of ‘dinagyang’, which is to make merry. The Dinagyang Festival is set to be a celebration of thanksgiving amidst the adversities faced during the pandemic, and until now, Iloilo still thrives as a progressive city.
For the highly-anticipated face-to-face Dinagyang, here are the on-site activities that you should be excited about, along with their locations and schedules:
● January 13, 1:00 PM to 6:00 PM – Grand Opening Salvo at the Iloilo Freedom Grandstand;
● January 18, 6:00 PM – Miss Iloilo 2023 at the Iloilo Convention Center;
● January 20, 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM – Sto. Niño Fluvial Procession and Solemn Foot Procession at Muelle Loney;
● January 21, 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM – Kasadyahan sa Kabanwahanan at the Iloilo Freedom Grandstand, Muelle Loney St., at Iloilo City, and at three other stages;
● January 21, 1:30 PM to 5:30 PM – Sponsor’s Mardi Gras at the Iloilo Freedom Grandstand;
● January 21, 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM – Grand Religious Sadsad at San Jose Parish Placer;
● January 22, 6:00 AM to 7:00 AM – Feast Day of Señor Sto. Niño de Cebu Concelebrated High Mass at San Jose Parish Placer;
● January 22, 7:00 PM to 11:00 PM – Dinagyang Festival Awarding Ceremony at the Iloilo Freedom Grandstand