There are plenty of wonderful tourist destinations in the Philippines
. Of these is Negros Island, whose charm attracts all types of wandering tourists. From untouched beauty to mouthwatering food, the list goes on as to what the sugar capital of the Philippines has to offer. But until the borders of the province reopen, tourist destinations in Bacolod City and Negros Occidental remain available to residents only. And as part of the government’s safety measures against COVID-19, there are protocols to be followed by locals who want to visit destinations within the island.
Travel Guidelines for Tourists Going to Sipalay City
There are several good reasons for people to visit Sipalay City. And now that residents of Negros Occidental and Bacolod City are allowed to visit the “Jewel of Sugar Island,” this destination three hours from the metro proves to be an accessible getaway for those who looking to unwind. But before visiting the southern gem, remember these guidelines.
1. Only persons 65 years and below are allowed leisure travel to Sipalay City.
2. Visitors to Sipalay City should have no travel history outside Negros Occidental 30 days prior to their visit.
3. Guests should stay within the premises of their booked accommodation establishments. They are not allowed to travel to Sipalay’s city proper or visit other resorts throughout their stay.
4. Tourists are required to accomplish a form and prepare the following requirements prior to their arrival in Sipalay:
• A filled out Sipalay Online Tourism Registration Form at the following link: tinyurl.com/Sipalay
This form should be submitted three days prior to travel and include a copy of one valid government ID/school ID and booking confirmation from your hotel or resort establishment. An email from Sipalay City Tourism Office will be sent once your online registration and documents are confirmed.
• A hardcopy of your filled out Sipalay Travel Form, which can be accessed at this link: bit.ly/SCTravelForm
The form should be signed by the Barangay Captain of your respected barangay
5. The forms above should be presented at the entry point of Sipalay City and upon check-in at your chosen accommodation establishment.
As of writing, only staycations are allowed; tourism activities such as resort hopping, island hopping, and tours are still not allowed in Sipalay City. But if you’re looking forward to spending nights by the beach or on a cliff, look no further than Sipalay! As long as you comply with the requirements, you can have a staycation by the beach just a short drive away from the busy streets.
for more travel guides to the Philippines’ top destinations.