Some Baguio areas under provisional lockdown
Purok Greenhills, Purok Divisoria, Purok Tondo, and Purok Ayala-A and Ayala-B will remain under provisional lockdown until further notice. As per the memorandum, the entry and exit into the lockdown areas shall be restricted to the following people, considering they haven’t had flu-like symptoms in the past 10 days and are not symptomatic:
• Barangay officials
• Healthcare workers
• Social workers
• Uniformed personnel
• Emergency response service providers
• Cargo and logistic services
• Employees of government services and private establishments
• Persons authorized by Barangay officials to procure food and other basic necessities for residents
• Utilities of water, electricity, telecommunications and waste management
• Members of the media
• Personnel of security agencies [1 & 2]
Meanwhile, the hard lockdown over Barangay Sto. Nino-Slaughter was lifted by Baguio City Mayor Benjamin Magalong on October 5, 2020.
Ilocos Norte reopens for tourism
The province of Ilocos Norte finally reopens for tourism after being under quarantine for six months. It started accepting visitors from the Ridge and Reef Travel Corridor composed of Ilocos Sur, La Union, Pangasinan, and Baguio City last October 1, 2020. Ilocos Norte Tourism released a pre-arrival list that all guests must do before entry in the province:
1. Plan tours only with accredited travel agents or tour operators.
2. Book your stay only at accredited accommodation establishments.
3. Get tested. RT-PCR tests must be taken within 48 hours prior to arrival.
4. Pre-register travel at ilocosnorte.ph
5. Request a Safe Pass entry account at request.safp.as or via SafePass Portal on Facebook Messenger.
6. Bring all your documents (confirmed accommodation booking, travel agent or operator for tours, confirmed tour itinerary, medical certificate, most recent COVID-19 test result) for verification.
7. Travel safely and stop only at designated DOT pit stops.
The Provincial Government of Ilocos published a list of guidelines on the reopening of tourism in the province which can be found on their official Facebook page. [3 & 4]