The unspoiled beauty of Kinatarcan Island has made it one of the go-to destinations for both residents and visitors of Cebu.
Image: Kinatarcan Island Facebook Page
How to get to Kinatarcan Island: From the Cebu North Bus Terminal, ride a bus headed for Daanbantayan. Tell the driver to let you off at the Daanbantayan Public Market. From the public market, walk to the Mahayahay port and ride a boat heading to Kinatarcan Island.
• The boat schedule going to Kinatarcan Island is not fixed since it does not receive a regular stream of visitors. Passenger boats normally leave Daanbantayan when they have around 30 passengers on board.
• Boats headed for Mahayahay port from Kinatarcan Island leave at 7:00 AM. Another option is traveling to Bantayan Island through a boat leaving Yoonek Beach at around 11:00 AM. But the schedule is not fixed as well so there may be times when the boat will leave at 1:00 PM. From Bantayan Island, you can ride a ferry to mainland Cebu.
• While there are stores on the island, it is advisable to bring your own supplies. You should also bring your own utensils, especially if you are planning to pitch a tent on the beach.
• Mobile signals can be erratic in most parts of the island. The best place to get a decent signal is Pasil Beach, where boats from the mainland normally dock.
• Always remember to “Leave No Trace” when you visit the Kinatarcan Island.